All Car Galleries
Slip Joint 101
Front Page
Links
Tracks
Contact Bracket500
Bracket500
Message Board

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/23/2010 10:03 am  #1

Message from Ron Scholz

I found out about the web site by looking around about slot drag racing.

Yes I do have these old slot drag cars now.
My brother's name is Vern he lives in Southern Calif. He still has some of the old drag slot cars.  He went into R/C drag racing for a time.  He also has many of the newer drag slot cars.
Vern and I went to J+J for that meet reported in the magazine. 
The Arcers a Slot drag club, built a portable drag strip in fact they had built the first one used black formica surface,  the newer one used a medium wood grained formica.
The track was used at Harry Costa's Auto shows, San Mateo, Sonoma, Vallejo or Richmond I cannot remember which place.  They also set it up at Playland at the Beach, (Playland also had a drag meet on their battery powered track) and numerous hobby shops. I won Top Fuel eliminator at that meet.  By the way Harry Costa has a store in San Bruno on San Mateo Ave.  The last time I was there was a few years ago.
I finally went into full size drag racing with a nostalgia front engine dragster B or C class gas dragster.  Powered by a 351c motor using a C-6 trans and a Nine inch ford rear end, unusual, best times 8.92@ 149.78.  The wife and I won two events at Sears Point and two events at Sacramento Raceway.  It took me 23 years to complete the dragster.  I was in the Navy for 22 Years.  They moved me around quite a bit.

I jumped around a bit.   Respectfully Ron Scholz

Added **
I saw someone was looking for some of the racers from SoCal Dave Betger should be added to the list.  NorCal Racers Jim Handy, he ran several of the Arcers meets, Tom Meyer,

Denny Lynn, Jim Bernasoconi, Rukua Bros. ,they turned a 1.04 at Playland at the Beach before it was shut down on the power supply. There were several others from that period, but I cannot remember their names.

"Where legends are made and records are broken".

11/23/2010 7:54 pm  #2

Re: Message from Ron Scholz

WOW!  I wonder if Vern Scholz used to race with us at South Bay, Eagle Raceway and Buena Park.  I haven't seen him in a few years.....  Very interesting....  I wonder what he's up to?

11/23/2010 8:07 pm  #3

Re: Message from Ron Scholz

Gary I'm trying to hook up with Ron and see if he will race with us here at Eddies.
I'll keep you posted.

DVan

"Where legends are made and records are broken".

Board footera