All Car Galleries
Slip Joint 101
Front Page
Links
Tracks
Contact Bracket500
Bracket500
Message Board

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

9/15/2010 4:26 am  #1

question on multiple entries

i gather that everyone enters several cars in a race. what do you do if two of your cars meet in a race? do you pick one and take a bye run or get someone else to run your other car? Also does this make it harder for guys like me who are starting out and will buy one car to begin with? i know i have a large learning curve to go through and will only be able to start with one car to see how it goes. Thanks for all the great info and this site.

"The Dude abides."

9/15/2010 5:24 am  #2

Re: question on multiple entries

most tracks up here have you burn a car, you pick the one you want to continue with and take a bye run, the other is put on the trailer. I don't like it, but you go by the rules. I would just as soon let someone else drive the other car,grab a spectator,especially a youngster an let them have at it! might get a new racer started. 

Only takes one car! Hard to do , but possible seen it done buy a youngster with a hard body Edge , and Ninja reflexes...

Last edited by davidRevans (9/23/2010 6:13 pm)

11/18/2010 7:40 am  #3

i dont mind having to run myself within a reasonable amount of cars, but if theres 8 in and i have 2 everyone else has one i dont want to run myself... but

3 classes are:
top dragster
the pro stock limited (spin off of the WRP pro stock class, rules are in his other post about classes)
10 car limit bracket race

11/19/2010 2:23 am  #4

i reshuffle the deck....... unless it gets down to a number where I can't... so five cars left.... one guy has three cars left....  if he had the bye run then he would race the other two remaining cars....

if one of the other cars had the bye then  he would race... one and then throw one out

There are no ties in drag racing. Thank god!!!

11/19/2010 5:31 pm  #5

This has been a BIG topic in Texas for a couple of years now.
We have tracks that do different things on this topic.
When I run the race I guarantee you to go through first and second round without running yourself, after that it is the luck of the draw, if you have 3 cars in the final 6 it will be a random draw and if the guy with 3 ends up racing himself so be it, if he ends up racing the other three then it is what it is.
I WILL NOT PLAY FAVORITES and line him up intentionally with the other 3 drivers.
It is not all about setting up the races you want to see!

I have NEVER! been to a NHRA drag race that the races were set up out of favoritism.

Here is how it goes,
If you are in the money with two cars and you have to race yourself, BE THANKFUL to go to the next round with at least one car, because if you do race another person and get beat both times you will be COMPLETELY out.

Racers most of the time look at this situation as the race director being an a**hole, not true, WAKe up and see he is really doing you a favor most of the time.

Timmy

Last edited by TIMMY! (11/19/2010 6:27 pm)

"It ain't about Class, It's about FASSST!!!

11/19/2010 11:41 pm  #6

A little addition to the last rant, lol.
I was reading one of Bill B's posts, talking about 128 cars in a race.
Nov. 26th,27th at Ft Worth, River Oaks Tx. we will have between 300 and 400 entries next weekend, no limit.  Last time I entered 21 cars in bracket and made it to the final 7 for Qtr final money.  Scooter from Hamlin Motorsports had 6 or 7 in the last 14 cars, I was able to take him out once, but the odds catch up to you.  I had a terrible light in the qtr.s and he took the Win, also he won 1st and semi's if I can remember right.  Dean and Wayne run a good race but Dean is a firm believer in keeping racers seperated if possible and that is fine.  If I did not like it I would not go. 
The most entries by one person so far belongs to Rick S in last years Yellow Jacket Raceway Big Race in Mineola.
!!!49 cars!!!
On Monday he told me he was getting old and was very tired after the race, lol.
I kid you not he must have walked 20 miles up and down that track, lol.

Limit races are the way to go for sure!

Timmy!

Last edited by TIMMY! (11/19/2010 11:42 pm)

11/20/2010 2:31 am  #7

You can look at it two ways..... if the final 6 and one racer has three you should let him race all three races..... that gives the other three drivers and chance to take him out...  or he might win all three races and take all the money... but he earned it!!!    if you let him race himself then you let him advance.... choose his most consistant car..... and if all works out he might get bye to the finals in the next round...

There are no ties in drag racing. Thank god!!!

11/21/2010 5:23 pm  #8

Bill let me clarify on the multiple entries.
The tracks on our area have a couple of different rules.
At ROMS you can enter 1 car 25 times if you want, but that is not a smart thing to do. 
Some motors wont make that many rounds without a rebuild, lol.
OKC and WMMP have a 5 entries per car rule to make you run different cars to get the limit.
I usually pick 5-7 cars and enter them 3-5 times each on the no limit races.

Your getting old comment made me start crunching numbers.
50 entries in the first round X an average of 125 feet (distance covered in glue in, car retrieval and walking to and from the staring line/shutdown area) = 6,250 feet or 1 mile & 970 ft.
Add in the same for 2nd round that is close to 2 & 1/3 miles, add 1 more mile for 3rd round if you take 45-50 cars, 4th rd 1/2 mile and ... on and on.

In all honesty he could have easily walked 10-15 miles that two days, maybe more with the normal BS'ing that goes on, most of the time we are on our feet non stop at the Big races.

As Dave on here keeps saying, yes we are getting too old for that kind of stuff, lol.

Glad to have you on here Bill,
Timmy!

Last edited by TIMMY! (11/21/2010 5:27 pm)

Board footera