All Car Galleries
Slip Joint 101
Front Page
Links
Tracks
Contact Bracket500
Bracket500
Message Board

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/22/2015 5:50 am  #1

Practice Tree

I'm new to slot car drag racing & need some help with hitting the tree, so I'm curious if anyone has took a easily available pocket practice tree & wired it to use a slot car controller as the switch? Or can it even be done? And, do you think it will help? Thanks in advance!

2/23/2015 3:16 pm  #2

Re: Practice Tree

I imagine someone could make a circuit to hook a controller to a practice tree. The problem comes from the practice tree using a different switch than a controller. The practice tree uses a switch that when depressed, tells the unit that it is ready to run a simulation. The slotcar controller works in the exact opposite. It does nothing untiul you pull it, then you would have to release it to simulate the start.

It is definitely worthwhile to use one. The benefits of it come from repeated use, and getting used to seeing the light come on, and hand/eye coordination that it takes to react to the light. Better units will vary the time delay before they come on, so you don't just home in on one rhythym to cut good lights.

Knowledge does not equal Understanding, and the Truth is the Truth, no matter what you think of it...........

7/11/2017 7:10 am  #3

interest Ask. Let me know if you find the answer to it.

10/12/2017 4:29 am  #4

I'm also a newbie and have the same issue. The practice tree uses a different switch than a controller and does nothing until you pull it. And according to you Steve B I should try to use pocket practice tree and wired it? It could be a great solution and eliminate a huge headache of mine. Because drug racing is like amphetamines, can't stop doing, can't stop thinking. So, hope it'll work.

Glad to be here  http://cdn.boardhost.com/emoticons/wink.gif

11/06/2017 12:57 pm  #5

I built a switch holder.  I will post picture as soon as I can

11/06/2017 1:10 pm  #6

I built the wood handle, fabricated the trigger and added the spring to push the button down to stage.  When the trigger is pulled the button releases giving you the reaction time.

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e145/bbmikeinsa/Controller_zpsbf4pssw2.jpg

Last edited by bbmikeinsa (11/06/2017 1:12 pm)

Board footera