All Car Galleries
Slip Joint 101
Front Page
Links
Tracks
Contact Bracket500
Bracket500
Message Board

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/14/2012 8:44 am  #1

Edge Chassis

I have seen people solder the stock square bushings in their edge parma chassis and some dont solder them in. Which is the best way.

1/14/2012 10:34 am  #2

Re: Edge Chassis

I solder the bushings, but first make sure the uprights that hold them are straight ,then put a axle through them, spin it ,then solder or glue the bushings so they don't move. if you solder oil the bushing while they are hot,will take oil into the pores

8/18/2013 3:59 am  #3

What changes do I need to make if I cut that little tab out and run taller tyres? I've done it but now the pinion and spur wont mesh (diffrent center heights)... does anyone know how I can fix it?

Cheers Doc

8/18/2013 3:25 pm  #4

doc.chop85 wrote:

What changes do I need to make if I cut that little tab out and run taller tyres? I've done it but now the pinion and spur wont mesh (diffrent center heights)... does anyone know how I can fix it?

Cheers Doc

If the "tab" your refering to is the one just behind the crown gear, yes you can cut it out. BUT you will want to solder in a brace somewhere in that vicinity to strengthin the area. If not, and you crash the car, you could tweek the area and cause the oilites (axle bushings) to bind.

I have a '69 Chevelle with a stock edge chassis, and it's run a best of 1.063 1/4mile. As far as wanting a "bigger" crown gear, I swapped to a 3/32 axle and 64 pitch gears. I was able to get a 56t crown gear in it without cutting the chassis.There's pics of it in the gallery.

Hope this helps!

Oops! I just reread your post, and now I understand your problem better. You cut out the tab just above the oilite didn't ya? Only fix I know of is to solder in the bushing (oilite) in the proper location. Sorry.

On second thought, I have used JB weld on some of my WRP chassis, (oilites) haven't had a problem with those cars, ...yet.

Last edited by Juggler (8/18/2013 3:31 pm)

They gave their tomorrows, for your today.

8/19/2013 12:52 pm  #5

Thanks for your help marty... im still not to sure what my best option will be but now I have a few choices.

Cheers Doc

1/20/2014 4:32 pm  #6

Best option is to get a better chassis...

Formerly of SARN

1/15/2015 7:06 am  #7

Are the tires that come on an Edge any good? Just looking for something that will run mid 7s in the 1/8th.

Board footera