All Car Galleries
Slip Joint 101
Front Page
Links
Tracks
Contact Bracket500
Bracket500
Message Board

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

7/06/2014 2:27 pm  #1

endbelll bearing

Bought a big bag of used motors this weekend in the never ending search for speed... How do I glue the Ball bearing back into a Mura c can EB?

Formerly of SARN

7/06/2014 5:50 pm  #2

Re: endbelll bearing

I cmpletely disassemble the endbell, clean the bearing hole and the bearing with alchohol, then put some JB Weld in the endbell with a toothpick and press the bearing in place with an old armature.

Knowledge does not equal Understanding, and the Truth is the Truth, no matter what you think of it...........

7/07/2014 9:24 pm  #3

Thanks guys, I had faint memories of something I saw years ago that involved a toothpick...
 BTW, I am going to be changing from bushings to BB in some cans, as long as the bearing & hole are the same, will I need a slug, or can I just slip it in & sloder it like a bushing? 

Formerly of SARN

7/08/2014 2:46 am  #4

It's best to use a slug that fits snugly in the magnets. You may have to open the hole so that the bearing slides back and forth with the slug in place to make sure it isn't bound up. Then solder it in and flush with hot soapy water to get any flux out of it.

Knowledge does not equal Understanding, and the Truth is the Truth, no matter what you think of it...........

Board footera