All Car Galleries
Slip Joint 101
Front Page
Links
Tracks
Contact Bracket500
Bracket500
Message Board

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/24/2014 2:15 pm  #1

Marty- Motor question.

How do you break in a S 16 D motor?
I just bought a new power supply to do this.
How long should I run the motor?
Any tips on how to do this?

2/25/2014 1:21 pm  #2

Re: Marty- Motor question.

Thanks so much for your reply.  Is there any reference for what amperage it should be pulling once broke in?  How do I access your archived articles?  Van referred me to you for the motor question and also said I should follow up with your archived articles.  Thanks again!

2/25/2014 2:21 pm  #3

Robert, to see Martys Archives pages, see the KMR link at bottom of this page?
Click on it and it will take you to Marty's Daily Page, on the top area of that  KMR page
you will see Links to Archives..... You're there..
   DVan

"Where legends are made and records are broken".

2/25/2014 6:18 pm  #4

Yes, I found the archives.  Been reading a lot of good information.......not sure I can begin to digest it all.  My mind feels like mush after all the technical stuff I will never be able to process.  I never had a clue this "hobby" could be so downright technical!!!  I will probably be content to build a few cars and have fun...............and take direction from those "that seem to know what they are doing!"  I am not so competetive that I need to win all the time.  I just like to go race down the track.  I always wanted to be a stock car driver..........never made it.  Never got to go to the 1/4 miles either (other than on the country roads in school!!!)  So, this is as close as I will get to feed my need for speed.  But, certainly grateful for all the information that I can return to and glean a little from each time to improve what I am doing.  Again, thank you for all your time putting it in writing.

2/26/2014 9:43 am  #5

I have used a dry method of putting the motor shaft in a electic drill , running the drill causes no sparking or heat , like Marty I will pull a brush out after 20 minutes  see if it has formed a curve

3/02/2014 4:48 pm  #6

What modification builder for parma 502 for drag racing have need tips im rookie
Thanks

3/18/2014 3:59 pm  #7

Thanks other one questions how remove the velociraptor magnet acetone or other ?

3/18/2014 7:22 pm  #8

I have done a wet break in process on the s16d with good results. 3 volts at 30 seconds dipped in isopropyl alcohol,  then blow out with compressed air. I'm not sure it is for everybody , but it seemed to work really well for me.

3/19/2014 3:54 pm  #9

okay thanks Marty im try lol

6/21/2014 9:46 am  #10

Burris Performance wrote:

I have done a wet break in process on the s16d with good results. 3 volts at 30 seconds dipped in isopropyl alcohol,  then blow out with compressed air. I'm not sure it is for everybody , but it seemed to work really well for me.

Sounds like an interesting alternative to the usual water breakin...

Formerly of SARN

6/21/2014 6:20 pm  #11

I tried Isopropyl Alchohol and it worked ok. The comm condiditon was that same as the water break in, and it evaporates much faster. It also seems to leave the motor a little cleaner. The brush dust that usually floats around and tries to stick to the setup during a water break-in washes away instead.

Knowledge does not equal Understanding, and the Truth is the Truth, no matter what you think of it...........

Board footera