All Car Galleries
Slip Joint 101
Front Page
Links
Tracks
Contact Bracket500
Bracket500
Message Board

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/17/2014 11:01 am  #1

Archives on Facebook

Good question Marty, I'd like to know that too, how do they archive..

DVan

"Where legends are made and records are broken".

2/19/2014 7:44 pm  #2

Re: Archives on Facebook

Marty, Dvan, if i see something that i want to archive i have made a slot stuff folder on my desk top. i then just save it to that file. I havent found any top shelf motor info on FB but have in the private message section with a few choice people.

2/20/2014 5:51 pm  #3

Facebook is free (ish) and easily accessible from a cell phone.  Tap an icon on your smartphone and BOOM, you're on.  Even though websites have a global reach, Facebook seems to be everyones information source, especially niche markets.

Just for kicks google "thewaybackmachine" and let 'er rip.

To the optimist, the glass is half-full.
To the pessimist, the glass is half-empty.
To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

2/20/2014 6:57 pm  #4

Truck and Lumpy, thanks for the responses, but Marty and I and a few others want to know how to have like an archive of some articles, how do you post an article on your Facebook page?
Like Martys' archive pages, could they be added to a Facebook webpage?
I access this website of my phone, I don't have any problems with that....
Also how can you find articles on say drag racing slot cars or people ralated to slot car drag racing on Facebook with out
a Facebook account? Is that possible?

DVan

2/21/2014 6:00 pm  #5

Dvan, i am not sure on the archive question, i am sure all of the info could be added to a page just for KMR, but the info would gett buried pretty quick with any comments and questions, and as far as i know you cannot see anything on facebook without an account.

2/21/2014 6:05 pm  #6

wait you could use the files tab at the top of the page and possibly store all of the archives. ( i dont know if there is a data limit ) it could be alot like the KMR archive now, and Marty's awsome tech in the main page with questions and answers

2/21/2014 8:08 pm  #7

Truck thanks for the info,
As I searched on Facebook, I can't see how to store information like we did with Martys' articles, I see theres a way to do the article but you can't add pictures like the pages are now,

Also a few people suggested B500 go to Facebook, again I don't see how it would help B500 by doing that, Any input?

DVan

2/21/2014 9:55 pm  #8

IN my opinion , Face book would be a wrong move , it would undercut even more the ability of racers to come to these pages ,get clear information without having a zillion messages by anyboody who looks at it sent to there computer e-mail and facebook page ,I do not have a facebook acount, but my wife does and there are 60+ facebook notices a day clogging up the e-mail from friends of friends of friends ,a royal pain just deleting the things ..

2/22/2014 3:54 pm  #9

Marty I'm not putting any of your stuff on Facebook, I was just using your pages as an example

DVan

2/23/2014 7:05 pm  #10

No Facebook!! I Agree With Marty!!

6/15/2014 3:50 pm  #11

Guys you all are wondering why so few are posting here... Its because they are all on FB... its a different world over there. Mostly about Buying & selling , not much indepth how to.

Formerly of SARN

6/16/2014 8:40 am  #12

Speaking as someone new to slot cars, i can speak only for myself as to the reasoning why so few post on here. Marty's articles are very interesting but too in depth for most of us to understand. Show me what effect wheelie bar height , length and bracing have on a slow bracket car, a fast bracket car, a light car, a heavy car, etc, etc etc. I don't care about  the engineering and science involved, just show me what happens. Motors same thing, i want to know how to gear a green endbell parma for a heavy car, a light car, a speed fx same thing. Bracket racing is what almost all tracks do. Very few have index or funny car or dragster. The facebook guys are selling pretty cars that are not raced on a weekly basis, mostly shelf queens and most are overpriced.
I enjoy this sport with my son and it is a great bonding for us. Yes i want a few fast cars. but bracket is all that is raced for a 150 mile radius.
Start with easy stuff and go  from there. How do I build a no glue car that doesn't require 30 grams of weight?. What is the proper way to glue?  How do I keep a car from knacking the braids?
Marty your street outlaw write ups are great, we have started that class at our track and it has met with some success. To make the write ups better have a picture to go with a name.
Again i don't speak for anyone except myself, and thank you Dvan, Marty and all the others who have commented and made this website available.
Donnie

6/16/2014 3:39 pm  #13

Marty,
Everything was meant to be a compliment. I am very impressed by the things that you write about.
I am not a motor guy, so when you start talking winds and wire diameter I'm very lost. When you did the write up on cans i was interested, but got lost somewhere along the way. I still can't tell a c can from a d can or from any other can but i try to look and see if I can.
You just explained one thing that i didn't know, that no bar cars tear up braids, we don't have any at our track so I have never seen one run. Now I know I don't ever want one.
No glue cars are popular here because no really knows how to glue. Tried to build a slip joint following a article i saw on bracket 500, it didn't work. Bought one from a local racer and it worked great, just doesn't run as fast with the same motor as my hardbody (which weights more). but it is deadly consistent and requires no glue. 
I don't have access to a lot of special parts, so maybe just a article on off the shelf chassis, motor, and body with emphasis on making it super consistent with every thing as it came from the hobby shop.
If the guys don't want their picture posted then post a picture of their car along with their name that would help us keep them separated in our mind.
I have now posted more on here today than I have in the year or so that I have been a member.
Hope I got some other people interested and posting. I don't care to see posts when someone starts badmouthing someone else, and I have seen how people have disrespected you and the articles you write.
Dvan the main reason I joined when I got started was for the cars for sale under $100, I bought several cars from here and have tried to support your advertisers as much as possible. And then I started reading Marty's articles and have been coming back every since.
Thanks for listening.
Donnie

6/17/2014 12:12 pm  #14

Don't do the edge car, that chassis is great to start out with but seems to distort over a season or so of racing. Use a cheap chassis like a wrp, and then a different design like a iron cross, use a stock model car body, don't even paint it for the simplicity of the project. Same motor, same tire size, same gear, show the difference in what it takes to make each one consistent and easy maintaince. Show how something as simple as moving the body pin location changes reaction of the car and its consistency. It seems no one else is interested in this post, so if you decide to do a project, let me know I'll send you whatever parts you need for it.
Donnie

6/19/2014 6:09 pm  #15

Interesting thread, I also get a little confused in some of the how to articles here, & I' no beginner... However keep up the good work. I would like more tips on running & getting the most out of DRS chassis... I own several & Bobs work continues to amaze me. I realize he is mostly retired now, & most modern cars use tubing main rails, but I like the simplicity of a mostly 1 piece chassis.

Formerly of SARN

6/20/2014 8:03 pm  #16

The most common of the DRS chassis, the Pro-Cee was used with either Grp12 or Grp20 motors, with a Lexan body and run at 90 grams. Tires were right around 1.00 x .400, and the motor box was set up to work with 14/46 gearing.
The body mounts in front were either with pin tubing through a front axle, or mounted up front near the guide. The rear mount was in front of the motor box on the 2 outer rails. There is a small pad for the tubing there.
They are very good chassis. Fast and durable.

Knowledge does not equal Understanding, and the Truth is the Truth, no matter what you think of it...........

Board footera