All Car Galleries
Slip Joint 101
Front Page
Links
Tracks
Contact Bracket500
Bracket500
Message Board

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/21/2014 7:59 pm  #1

Ice cream truck

Some pics of one of the wrecks I built as a kid 15 years ago. I'll put some more up as I get a chance. Sorry about the nasty ass iPhone pics

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v347/mattarlenjones/Mobile%20Uploads/photo_zps1dadf7b0.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v347/mattarlenjones/Mobile%20Uploads/photo_zpsf73bae5f.jpg

For those not familiar with important aspects of Aussie culture, Mr Whippy is the generic 'Ice cream man' on this side of the world. I'm pretty sure the body style was inspired by something out of a Cheech and Chong movie. Guess I had a bit of a misguided childhood :D

5/22/2014 5:17 am  #2

Re: Ice cream truck

Mr Jones. Very cool. at one time I was going to build something similar, found a truck and well let's just say it's somewhere in my shop.......

Idea was this one.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-S-WVOKige8g/T2u7c8vTPmI/AAAAAAAACxc/J7ufBqOSigc/s1600/ice-cream-truck-5.jpg

DVan

"Where legends are made and records are broken".

5/22/2014 8:14 am  #3

That's one of the reasons I got back into slot cars. I have so many retarded ideas on cars to build and not all of them are going to happen in my lifespan. Being able to build a car for $150 in a few hours means many of these stupid ideas can become a minor reality… so to speak.

I never realised until a couple years ago that the late 40s-early 50s chev ice van things were built in some kind of production numbers. Always just figured it was a one off

5/22/2014 2:59 pm  #4

Mr Jones, here in the states they had a few companies running trucks through neighborhoods.
It was before I came to the states though... I beleive one of the companies was Good Humor...

DVan

"Where legends are made and records are broken".

6/12/2014 5:51 pm  #5

I think those 2 are Kraxy Kewell!!! wish I could find one of those bodys...
In the mean time I am seriously concidering building the Tom Daniels Garbage Truck kit (the one with the trash can fuel tanks & surfboards) with the JDS Gasser frame... 

Formerly of SARN

6/14/2014 10:11 pm  #6

The body on mine is made from the AMT 50 pickup kit. Cut the roof off and made the rear body out of a plastic Ferrero Rocher chocolates container. Just a clear plastic tub that had a good curve to it. Glued the guards… sorry the fenders… on and I think the speaker on the roof is a ferrule off a ballpoint pen

Board footera