All Car Galleries
Slip Joint 101
Front Page
Links
Tracks
Contact Bracket500
Bracket500
Message Board

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/21/2012 7:32 pm  #1

Carbon Fibrewinder

Hi guys I have worked on a couple of cars during my slot car "holiday"...

This was a project I planned years ago, which I finally completed. I hope you like it
I ran it early this year and achieved low 1.0s and it ran consistently like a bracket car!

Mark

http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff277/mhaston/SlotCars/HowTo/FibreWinder.jpg

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic

5/21/2012 7:52 pm  #2

Re: Carbon Fibrewinder

Great Car , NZ Mark, nice to see your work again and on the board

5/22/2012 1:10 pm  #3

DV I was in two minde wheter to put this in dragsters or Vintagge, but given my depression I didnt want to dwell on it so just tossed a coin.  Move it if you want.

David, working out and problem solving and the creative proces has been great therapy. Thanks for the positive comments.

Mark

5/22/2012 2:33 pm  #4

Mark good to see you back in the hobby, great looking car and article.
When you ran it, was it on a 16.3 volt track?

Article can stay on this thread.

DVan

"Where legends are made and records are broken".

5/22/2012 7:32 pm  #5

NZ Mark. GREAT to see you back. That car is AWSOME!!!  By the way, I finelly found one for myself. Found it around 03:00 on ebay one day. It had less than a minute, and I BID 85.00 USD for it and won the dang thing. It is a blue chassis, with a Pitman motor, 1 1/2 X .50 soft rubber tires, 1/8 axel, nylon bushings in the rear, and the front wheels have ball bearings in them. The drop arm sticks a little. Haven't quite figured out how to "round" the tires. Ran it this last weekend, Ran strong, but flopped most of the way down the track because the tires weren't round. Any ideas on how to fix that? I want to keep it as stock as possible. I am thinking about putting a '34 coupe body on it.
Also, I like the way you did your wheelie bars. Can you email me a good picture of them? I would like to make a set for mine.
Thanks,
Charley

5/23/2012 12:50 am  #6

great Charley, from your description you have a ruskit eliminator:

http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff277/mhaston/SlotCars/MarksGenuineOldies/Russkitdragster02.jpg

Here is a copy of the original instructions:
http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff277/mhaston/SlotCars/MarksGenuineOldies/RusskitEliminator1manuala.jpg

http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff277/mhaston/SlotCars/MarksGenuineOldies/RusskitEliminator1manualb.jpg

here is a close up of the wheelie bars - they are readily available from hobby shops. I usde 4x clevis connectors from R/C aircraft.
http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff277/mhaston/SlotCars/Bracket500/MonsterFibreWinder02a.jpg

I recommend you true the tyres, I used a Hudy.

Mark

5/23/2012 4:06 am  #7

The really old fashion way (not showing my age) was to hook car to power source ,lay a flat piece of 250 grit sandpaper on the surface and holding the car and sand paper ,lightly touching the tires to the sand paper while the car is running..Crued but it helps..Thanks NZ Mark for the Russkit photo and instruction sheet ,another great piece of slot car HISTORY ..Just realised if I had read the instructions ,they say the same thing another oldtimers moment

Last edited by davidRevans (5/23/2012 4:09 am)

5/23/2012 4:20 am  #8

Mark,
Yep, I do believe that's it. Only difference I see is my droparm is located closer to the motor and the guide flag is farther back. The weight didn't come with mine. I like the way you did the wheelies. I will pick up the parts this weekend and make mine. So, am I to understand that I need to cut off the outer layer of the tire? Not sure my Hudy will cut that tall of tire, but will check.
Also, where can I get gears? I would like to play around with the gear ratio. And the screws. Where did you get the screws holding the wheelie bars on? I like those.
Thanks,

Charley

5/23/2012 12:08 pm  #9

Charley, i didnt cut the tyre I just sanded them off with the hudy.
Davids suggestion re sandpaper will work
The screws are from MaMaster-Carr.com:   2-56 button head hex 1/8" long screws. part 92949A074

Mark

5/24/2012 12:22 am  #10

Sorry Marty i did it a few months ago and I cant recall - still a bit muddled, sorry
But with neos in her, she sounded like a modern motor.

DavidR if you look at my photo bucket album  here I have collected a number of old instruction sheets:
http://s236.photobucket.com/albums/ff277/mhaston/SlotCars/MarksGenuineOldies/#!cpZZ1QQtppZZ20

Mark

5/24/2012 3:23 am  #11

Thank you NZ MARK.. Your alblum page is fantastic , any of you youngsters(born after 1960) should look at the page,a slice of slot car history.

8/07/2012 12:31 pm  #12

Charley & Bill (from BAD) there is a bunch of '60s 64pitch gears (different sizes) on ebay right now so dont miss out.  The seller is HCE55

best regards 

Mark

Board footera