All Car Galleries
Slip Joint 101
Front Page
Links
Tracks
Contact Bracket500
Bracket500
Message Board

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/02/2011 4:50 pm  #1

.6 second runs!

I had planned on running my AA/FC for the first time but could not get the pinion to stay on. So my friend suggested I put the Velociraptor X motor in from my rail. We were trying to run in a heads up outlaw race. A run what ya brung race. So we test run the funny car and here is what happened:

Pass1 .680

Then as we went through the race, we ran a quickest of .659. The as I dry hop in the finale the pinion came off! We fixed it but ended up with solder in pinion and it slowed down and I lost. Very impressed with these little $65 motors. Want some cheap speed, get one today!

12/20/2011 7:13 pm  #2

Re: .6 second runs!

This car recently was run at TR Motorplex and ran an all time best of .585 in the 1/4!!!!  And in the 1/8 and THE MAN CAVE ran .362!!!!!!!!  I am very impressed with these little motors.  Only problem I am beginning to see is the can bushing is already beginning to get worn.  Arm is developing a little slop in the bushing.  Is there a better quality replacement?

12/20/2011 7:22 pm  #3

An arm that can turn those kinds of RPM's would be much better off with bearings.

Knowledge does not equal Understanding, and the Truth is the Truth, no matter what you think of it...........

12/20/2011 7:34 pm  #4

I was thinking the same thing.  Just a matter of what size will fit in both ends of these motors!?

12/21/2011 8:33 pm  #5

you may want to check the arm for wear from the bushing, haven't checked the proslots but the stock hawk bushings are magnetic and do wear some arms pretty quick

I know more than I will ever admit to

Board footera