All Car Galleries
Slip Joint 101
Front Page
Links
Tracks
Contact Bracket500
Bracket500
Message Board

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/12/2011 9:35 am  #1

why a custom one instead of track one

apart from some of the extras you get on the bought controllers like roll out button
what are the real advantages to them over the lil squeeze tube at the track
I dabble in some electronics so have an idea on part of it .
Royz
Thanks DVan for putting this up

Just enjoying Life and Slots

2/12/2011 10:02 am  #2

Re: why a custom one instead of track one

Well, let me use some  examples to try to explain the difference....

Push button controller: It's on or off... no inbetween.

Parma Turbo 1ohm controller: Gonna act like a gas pedal on your car... slow to all out.

So, if you are bracket racing... and you might have dailed in the wrong time... a turbo controller will let you "pedal" were an on/off controller is gonna be way harder to do this.

Now, I have one controller that has a relay and an externol koford resitor. With the relay and the way I have the resitor wired... as soon as the trigger is pulled just barely... it is have throttle... just a hair past that full throttle. So it doesn't take me as long to "floor it" comparred to a guy with a stock parma turbo controller.

Last edited by scoobe dog (2/12/2011 10:03 am)

http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll258/scoobedog/batmobile/a0e367c03f5c027b7fb69e750f53975130b0a7aa_t.gif

2/13/2011 10:59 am  #3

Stealth  with the launch control is awesome and it will pay for it self in the amount of money you save in glue

There are no ties in drag racing. Thank god!!!

2/13/2011 11:50 am  #4

Bill Baughn wrote:

All I can say is that the pull on the trigger of an electronic controller vs a Parma Turbo controller is day and night.  Mind you it's only for a split second but it could be the strain of pulling the trigger is costing you hundredths of a second in your reaction time and time down the track.  In a road race, you don't get as tired driving with the electronic controller...

IN talking about the pull on teh trigger, are you saying the roughness and effotr to pull the turbo?  If so that can be easily fixed with some sand paper and 5 minute.  You start by sanding down the resistor where the bumps and high spots are making the transistion between each wrap smooth, then stick the paper between the resistor and the wiper arm with the sanding surface facing the button and make a few quick strokes.  Put the controller back togethor and enjoy your new, much smoother feeling/sounding turbo.

New doesn't always mean good.

2/13/2011 2:39 pm  #5

I have never tried an electronic controler,but after doing it on and off since 1965 my trigger finger is BUFF (only part of my body that is) maybe that is why my reaction time is off MUSCLE BOUND FINGER

Board footera