All Car Galleries
Slip Joint 101
Front Page
Links
Tracks
Contact Bracket500
Bracket500
Message Board

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/04/2016 1:27 pm  #1

reaction time troubles

Could anyone give me some tips on how to cut a light? I am so lost its not funny. I know some people count down and others just leave in between the last yellow and the green but regardless of what I do I more often than not I red light. When I am not red I may be .010 one pass and .110 the next, so there is no consistency. I have tried everything I can think of to improve but no luck, and the bad thing is in a real car I have no problems at all. I do not have a fancy controller though. I am using a 1.5 ohm Parma and would like to keep it if possible. I am so upset over the matter I am just about ready to sell everything and quit. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

1/05/2016 4:54 am  #2

Re: reaction time troubles

racecar28, what ever you do, don't quit man. like most things in life it is just another challenge. these are supposed to be big boys TOYS for fun. Like you said their are as many ways to catch a light as there are racers. I am 61 years old and my reflexes aren't what they used to be but I can usually catch a light anywhere from .005 to .050 lol. I count down as the amber lights go out 1,2,3,go. get in rhythm with the staging lights to the amber then green. PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE AND ABOVE ALL, HAVE FUN. GOOD LUCK

1/08/2016 8:23 pm  #3

If you have a practice tree, you can simulate your results on the track and then practice on it instead. Try leaving on the last yellow a bunch of times, and record your R.T. Then set your practice tree rollout so that you get the same R.T. that you did on the track, and then you can practice as much as you want to get the timing down. The best Bracket racer I know uses a small handheld practice tree even when he's in line to make another run!

Knowledge does not equal Understanding, and the Truth is the Truth, no matter what you think of it...........

1/11/2016 10:13 am  #4

hi Steve, where can a practice tree like what you describe be purchased?

1/13/2016 4:07 pm  #5

I would look on the Summit Racing and Jeg's website catalogs. The company that made mine hasn't produced that model in years.

Knowledge does not equal Understanding, and the Truth is the Truth, no matter what you think of it...........

1/14/2016 3:40 am  #6

thank you, I found one at jegs.

2/20/2016 1:32 am  #7

Hi all try Race/Junk.com Drag/Bike.com EBay for practice tree. You can set up the trees many ways. I used it too sharpen my skills before race week ends and at the track. Best way is with lots of distractions. Set up in front of the TV 1/2_shots. Jeg of the NHRA Pro/stock World does this .

Board footera