All Car Galleries
Slip Joint 101
Front Page
Links
Tracks
Contact Bracket500
Bracket500
Message Board

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

7/18/2015 7:23 pm  #1

Where should the balance point of the car be.

So my question is, is there a specific area you want the the balance point of the drag car? I have heard mention of it but cant find any good info. Im thinking back to the days of pine wood derby where you need it in a certain place but for a different reason.

Is there a certain place I should shoot for?

Im talking bracket hard bodies group 12's 5" wheelie bars 110-150gr cars.

7/19/2015 1:33 pm  #2

Re: Where should the balance point of the car be.

Since you usually need to add some weight to the front of the car, I would think the balance point should be nearer the front of the car.

7/20/2015 8:37 am  #3

I guess ill start balancing my cars and see where they are. Im curious to see where my winning cars are compaired to my inconsistent cars.

Ill post up specs asap.

8/08/2015 8:07 pm  #4

OK so far here are the results of three of my cars,

Most consistent car has a balance point 43mm in front of the rear axle, this is a 140 gr car gr12 motor.

Next is a lexan body 90gr car also consistent with a balance point of 30 mm in front of rear axle S16D

Last is the most inconsistent car with a gr20 motor at 180gr that's 55mm in front of rear axle.

I have since built another chassis for the last car and is much lighter but still inconsistent, that gr20 is a pain to set up, I'm working on that one.

I have several other cars but haven't weighed or balanced them yet, haven't had much test and tune days to see how consistent they are.

Any thoughts on balance points?

8/15/2015 9:46 am  #5

Can't really offer any thing about where to balance your cars, since I really don't fool with that... But, a Gp 12 is only good for light weight cars, a heavier car will like a Gp 15 arm; same wind but more torque. Also, C can arms in a D can is a good combo for drag racing.

Formerly of SARN

Board footera