B500 Logo
Slot Car Bracket Drag Racing

Library Old Articles
Projects on Bracket500
Chat Room Mondays
Instructional Links
World Tribute Car
Spec Cars
All Car Galleries
Slip Joint 101
Front Page
Contact Bracket500
Message Board

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12/20/2014 10:33 pm  #1

Slipjoint parts

I want to build a few slipjoint dragsters. Where do I get the long brass front piece for them? Also will need the rear piece.



12/21/2014 5:04 am  #2

Re: Slipjoint parts

Go to local hobby shop and get spring steel, I think I use .o62 for frame and .050 for the sliders or whatever they are called. I also got a stick of brass tubing that is 3/32 id for the hinge and I can also cut it for axle spacers.


12/21/2014 11:28 am  #3

Re: Slipjoint parts

Thanks for the info, but I still need to know where everyone is getting the long brass pieces for the front of the chassis.

     Thread Starter

12/21/2014 3:48 pm  #4

Re: Slipjoint parts

What long brass pieces? Are you talking about the tubes the spring part goes thru? For that I used the same tubing I used for the hinge.


12/21/2014 6:36 pm  #5

Re: Slipjoint parts

The brass piece in the frontwhere the guide flag goes thru.

Last edited by charley (12/21/2014 6:37 pm)

     Thread Starter

1/28/2015 1:52 pm  #6

Re: Slipjoint parts

Most people either make their own or use some variation on one of the steel guide tounge holders made by Slick 7. There is one in particular that is much longer than the rest which is quite popular. If you make your own, use a 3/16 drill bit.

Formerly of SARN

11/05/2017 12:33 pm  #7

Re: Slipjoint parts

Update, I get mine from Greg Stegall out of GA. find him on FaceBook

Formerly of SARN

Board footera


Powered by Boardhost. Create a Free Forum

B500 Logo
Return to Main

WRP Products

Return to Main
Click on banners to see catalogs
Copyrights reserved ©2014