All Car Galleries
Slip Joint 101
Front Page
Links
Tracks
Contact Bracket500
Bracket500
Message Board

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/02/2014 3:45 pm  #1

AMT drag race kit

Has anyone successfully modified one of these for bracket racing? What did you change? What kind of times did youget? I got the 2006 Camero out to curiosity and am currently changing the rear tires, axel, bearings, gears. Will run it with kit motor first, then maybe upgrade if chassis can handle it. Body is nice and I like the lightweight smoked glass.

10/10/2014 4:40 am  #2

Re: AMT drag race kit

These are discontinued kits . The upside is that Ollies have them at 14.99 a kit . The down side is that when they are gone , there will be no more .

I bought the 70 Camaro and the Ford Galaxie kits . I too had your thought in mind . I starting from the basic kit and adding changes to be recorded to see the improvements .

Gonzo

10/10/2014 5:24 pm  #3

I finished mine, will probably get it down the track tomorrow night. Will post pics and times.

10/22/2014 6:34 am  #4

Got to the track, only need to add interior card. Running JDS tires, 9/46 gears and oillites. Had to dremmel the inside of the oilite and the crown gear to get it to fit. Stock chassis and braids(the worst on earth) and velcro mounting. Ran consistant 9.60s and very smooth.

1/07/2015 2:52 pm  #5

I wanted one of those but I'm affraid I'm probably too late . Oh well that's the way it goes

Board footera