All Car Galleries
Slip Joint 101
Front Page
Links
Tracks
Contact Bracket500
Bracket500
Message Board

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/16/2014 8:18 am  #1

Penrose Rules Rule

I understand that you have a web site so you can show your side of things to your followers but in my defense the only place I have to respond is Bracket500. I purposely side stepped the confrontation in my write up last night to try to keep the issue self contained to our track. Now that you have posted on your site that you were wronged and singled out, because you think you are a threat to the race platform, you being on the three person board who set the rules in the first plade and posted on Bracket500 "CAN NOT BE LIGHTENED, CHOPPED, CHANNELED, WEDGED (IF IT ISN'T STOCK IT ISN'T AT OUR TRACK)", should have known what you were doing was wrong. Yes, you got by with it for about a month because until you were on the list it wasn't an issue but "I" held you to a higher standard not thinking I had to "police the police". Marty, if you want to make statements on your website you are obviously entitled to do that but I think people should also be privileged to the other side not just your "I am a victim" rant.

8/16/2014 11:00 am  #2

Re: Penrose Rules Rule

I wondered how long it was gonna take until the people he raced with drug him to the mat over that "cowcatcher" he had on the front of that thing. Don't you guys require an interior also? That totally changes the airflow through the car, yet he doesn't have one of them in that car, or at least in the pics of it. Can't imagine he removes it for pictures http://cdn.boardhost.com/emoticons/tongue.png

"I am victim" LMMFAO. You got him pegged! Anybody with a set of eyes can see the whole nose of that car was totally reconfigured. It suffered some damage and needed repair, however it was after those mods were in place.

Knowledge does not equal Understanding, and the Truth is the Truth, no matter what you think of it...........

8/16/2014 11:04 am  #3

Any 1/24 or 1/25 STREET car model. Can not be lightened, chopped, channeled, wedged (if it isn't stock it isn't in at our track.) . Must use factory front and back glass, bumpers, lights, front and back etc.
http://cdn.boardhost.com/emoticons/devious.png

Knowledge does not equal Understanding, and the Truth is the Truth, no matter what you think of it...........

8/16/2014 12:39 pm  #4

In our class you dont have to have an interior. Pretty simple rules and ONLY deal with the body of the car.

8/16/2014 6:27 pm  #5

Like you said, he was one of the originators of the class and was on the rules "board" and absolutely should have known better......................

8/17/2014 12:03 pm  #6

Is there a place to see the rules or at least what these cars look like?  Sounds like a cool class...  We are always looking  for classes to try out in California...

8/17/2014 12:13 pm  #7

Scarecrow, feel free to use the Penrose Raceway forum on here to post any updates to the standings or rules for your Outlaw class here, as there are some readers here that would really like to follow what your raceway is doing.

8/17/2014 1:59 pm  #8

Marty, I'm here to help your sleepless nights....YOU'RE BANNED from Penrose Raceway!!!!! I know how you are going to project this to your faithful followers...."I was so damned fast and such a threat they had to get rid of me." FARFEGNUGEN!!!! The reason you are banned is because you have no regard for other racers, at our track at least. If this issue would have come up with any of our other racers they would have fixed the problem quietly and carried on. You come in here with your chest all puffed out, throwing out numbers and equations and telling us what is supposed to work and what's not supposed to work, yet the whole time telling us what we are doing is wrong only to come back a few weeks later with our ideas in a new package and claiming them as yours!!!! From how to pin a car to how much "laffy taffy" to use. You wrote on your site many times about these things and then went to Luke's car (a 16 year old) picked it up, looked at it and had your next new invention....COPYING!!!! You were invited to the list because you weren't capable of getting on yourself, tell me you were and once again...FARFEGNUGEN.!!!! You had over 60 weeks to work on the car you started with (qualifying last I might add) and you didn't. As ALL the racers here wanted to see you put to the track what you so fluently TALKED about we invited you on the list so that everyone could see how good you really were. You were handed the 10th spot and never moved up from there as you SAY you could so easily. You told Mike and I on Friday night you needed to talk it out and then let it go, well that was obviously a lie since all you have done is bitch, moan and cry like a baby on your site ever since. If you had problems with someone elses car why didn't you bring it up before you were called out with a problem? And as you state on your website that you were "man enough to admit it" why didn't you? Instead you twist the truth and throw a bunch of "interpreting the rules" and "intention of the rules" and post it in your "pitty post". Keep in mind this did not start as a Larry and Mike vs Marty issue it was brought to us by other racers and we were the ones to enforce it. Marty you obviously don't appreciate what we have to offer at Penrose Raceway, and we don't appreciate what you have to offer so stay away, don't call me, don't e-mail me, just forget I exist!!!

Last edited by Lumpy (8/17/2014 5:05 pm)

8/17/2014 2:02 pm  #9

Steve, I will take you up on posting here. Where should I put it?

8/17/2014 2:14 pm  #10

The rules are simple...Any motor,any chassis,any tires and any stock model body except pro street,pro stock,funny car etc. No cutting the body at all except for the kits that come with the inner fenderwells molded in can be cut out. No lightening,chopping,channeling or wedging the body Splitters in front and lexan wings in back can be added. We run the Outlaw race with the monitors off and pro tree to try to replicate as much as possible 

8/17/2014 2:32 pm  #11

scarecrow wrote:

Steve, I will take you up on posting here. Where should I put it?

Scroll down to the Events section, and there is already a Penrose raceway topic, but you can start your own and can post in the results, or the events, or even in the General forum if you would like.

8/17/2014 5:06 pm  #12

Easy on the language.....This IS the family friendly site.

To the optimist, the glass is half-full.
To the pessimist, the glass is half-empty.
To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

8/17/2014 9:07 pm  #13

Sorry Lumpy... I got a little worked up. I'll keep it clean. The rules are now posted on "bracket500 results". I will post results of "Street Outlaw 815 at Penrose Raceway" after Friday night races.

8/18/2014 4:11 pm  #14

"What goes around comes around" to all of you.
We all have bad times and do stupid things!
Marty has done some nice things for me and I won't abandon the guy who kept me for a friend when most would have kicked me to the curb.

Proud to call Marty my friend because he is a good person at Heart!  He is just having a tough time right now.

Tim Crosslin

"It ain't about Class, It's about FASSST!!!

8/18/2014 5:00 pm  #15

What you guys don't realize is that Marty is banned from here, he can't see any of this. What you're posting here for him to see isn't being seen by him just those of you that want to voice their 'opinion' on the matter.

8/18/2014 6:40 pm  #16

Yes I do realize Marty is banned from here. Thats why I e-mailed him copies of my posts on here so he could see what I was saying. I figured every one needed to hear my side also not just what he posts on his site

8/20/2014 3:25 pm  #17

You know, I'm really curious at to just what the difference is between a "splitter" and a "diaplane" are. http://cdn.boardhost.com/emoticons/errr.png

The entire time I had been slotcar racing, it was always called a Diaplane, and everyone knew what that was when you were talking about it. The only person I ever heard call it a splitter was marty. In the pictures he has posted, there are 2 labeled diaplane, and 2 labeled splitter. However, the splitter on the red car is nothing more than a diaplane. The splitter on the black car is a total reconstruction.

Somehow, having a diaplane, which is nothing more than 1 piece of plastic glued to the bottom of the car is illegal, but a splitter, which is a total reconstruction of the entire front of the car is A OK. This, in a stock body class where the original front end, including bumper, has to be retained? I guess since marty is the only one who truly knows what a splitter is, he can change the definition to suit his liking like its a moving target or something, and you other racers are just supposed to accept his word that it's legal. http://cdn.boardhost.com/emoticons/tongue.png

OK, I think I've got it now, lol.

8/20/2014 3:53 pm  #18

Just out of curiosity, would this front bumper treatment be legal?

http://i1306.photobucket.com/albums/s563/swillerlite/product_25-783x460_zpsa767bb8c.jpg

8/20/2014 6:44 pm  #19

Tonight as I was mowing the grass I had some time to think. As I was thinking my thoughts wandered back to my early days of racing long before the computer age. I was remembering how as the rest of us were racing there were other people who werent racing but talked about it as if they were. Back in those days we called them "bench racers" or B.R. As time and technology advanced I guess it was only normal that people still followed the old traits of some people racing and others just talking as if they did, but now we have "keyboard and mouse racers" or KMR. You can do a google search and find some KMR sites that talk about such things as "I'll race you for $100 now that I am banned from your track", which is kinda like in school after the principal saves a little nerd from getting his butt handed to him, turning around and saying "I'll fight you"! You might even hear an excuse of why he didnt race before of "I'm not into competition" (hmmm). Or on a rare accasion you may see someone utter "Hey every body, look I ran a .400!!!!" (6 months after everyone else did). And if you get really lucky you can read about how someone ran 70mph!!! (with a cheated up car). These are all things you can find on websites geared toward the talker (not racer) in all of you on keyboard and mouse racing or KMR sights. I have to warn you though that after I was on one such sight  I got an e-mail from someone at <martycn@frontier.com> stating "I'm done with that one [discusion]" and he clearly was not!!!! Oh well just my thoughts after cutting the grass. Have a good night

8/20/2014 6:51 pm  #20

Ooops sorry safetypinkisses I didnt e-mail this one to him but you can if you want to

8/20/2014 8:01 pm  #21

Lumpy is that a Mustang or Thunderbird?

8/21/2014 8:09 am  #22

It is an "outlaw" bumper for a 1:1 Mustang.  The headlight panel and bumper is stock, but the lower front fascia is "smoothed off".

8/21/2014 11:32 am  #23

Believe me Gary you do not want to start an Outlaw class like this if you have friends at your track, otherwise be prepared to learn what everyone is really like.

Most of you guys at Penrose have been friends for how long now? A while am I right? All anyone has done since you started this class is act like children. Most of you are grown men and arent at all acting like it. This was the worst possible class to start as all its done aince the start is cause arguments and bickering between everyone. Step back from the issue at hand and look how you're acting, this is not at all how grown men should be acting for a simple race supposedly between friends. Everyone, Marty, Larry and Mike included needs to grow up and stop acting like their in highschool

8/21/2014 4:24 pm  #24

Remember Marty cant read this so you will have to e-mail him this too

8/21/2014 4:55 pm  #25

Hey Carlhttp://cdn.boardhost.com/emoticons/wink.png

Board footera