All Car Galleries
Slip Joint 101
Front Page
Links
Tracks
Contact Bracket500
Bracket500
Message Board

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/14/2014 9:56 am  #1

AWD dual sidewinder

Im working on building a dual sidewinder no bar project using 2 neo chassis and 2 hawk neos.

Any ideas or suggestions appreciated.

Debating on whether it should be dead stiff,slip joint or allow a lil flex. And whether or not front tires should be narrower than the rears.

This will be a low slung car with good aero and downforce running on an 1/8th. Starting gear will be 15/48 front and rear.

Try harder!

3/14/2014 2:57 pm  #2

Re: AWD dual sidewinder

Any progress?

"Can't thank my sponsor's enough...... because I don't have any".

3/20/2014 4:47 pm  #3

Gathered most of my parts. Got my test motors and upgrade mags and arms in. Got my motor boxes built.
Still trying to figure out what tires to run(Size/brand). Id like to go with 5 stars for looks but have been wonderin about the benefits,if any,of the pencil hubs.
Tire height will dictate the chassis layout and design on this body to keep the ground clearance low and downforce up. This car has a belly pan and Id like to keep it.

I wish pics were easier to load to the forum 8(

Try harder!

3/20/2014 5:42 pm  #4

ZZ you can email me the pictures and I'll post them for you.

bracket500@live.com

DVan

"Where legends are made and records are broken".

3/22/2014 3:35 am  #5

I've built two dual motor ,all wheel drive drag  slot cars cars , the best was based on the old Parma funny car sidewinder chasis ( no longer made) 2 super 16D 1/8th axle  and Parma tires same size same gear ratios front and rear ,wheelie bar.  The second was build using WRP tall tire inline brackets tall tire ,same size tires and gear ratios ,wheellie bars. the car never worked well and I gave up on it after two races ,My suggestion would be angle or sidewinder ,stiff chassis , same diameter and width tires and same front and rear gear ratio . the Parma chassis was very stiff.  the car was not fast ,but just wipe the track with a cleaning rag  and  go ,was very consistant .http://cdn.boardhost.com/emoticons/sleep.png

Board footera