All Car Galleries
Slip Joint 101
Front Page
Links
Tracks
Contact Bracket500
Bracket500
Message Board

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/22/2014 2:42 pm  #1

Where Has The Interest Gone ?

I've been watching over the past year or two and the interest here is dwindling .

This is a good site . Is there a problem that I'm not aware of ? I know the hobby is full tilt so let's build Bracket 500 back up  .

Gonzo

1/22/2014 4:21 pm  #2

Re: Where Has The Interest Gone ?

Gonzo, Good to see you back, As to your question.
A lot of people started Facebook pages, I'm not going that route.
It seems attendance has dropped at tracks, less racers than when I started this website,
People don't like posting, reason it's taken out of context on other sites and scares some to post questions or answers,
B500 still gets a good count of people coming from the front page and come
through this message board, we might be about 30% down on traffic.
And if you search hi and lo you can find most of the time the answer to your questions....

Any help you wish to contribute is welcomed.
  DVan

"Where legends are made and records are broken".

1/25/2014 8:21 pm  #3

Facebook has made most message boards like this one and club 400 irrelevant  anymore.

1/26/2014 4:04 pm  #4

I check 3 things everyday, this board , club .400 , and Marty's page.look at  orttonvilles track facebook about twice a week , my problem is I have not raced in 3 months ,why? cost of medical and living , active racing and car building had to take the back burner..

1/26/2014 8:31 pm  #5

It's a shame . This was a thriving web site . I hope you hang in there .

I won't take the Face Book route either . I think it's the work of the devil . Seriously .

I've picked up a lot of good info off of this site .

I'd be glad to contribute some help but wouldn't know where to start . Let me know if you think of somthing .

I hear ya Dave on the medical and cost of living . I retired a year ago and am still adjusting that fixed income thing I always heard about .

I'm sticking it out hear .

Gonzo

2/04/2014 8:38 pm  #6

I am not a fan of facebook myself, more like the gossip column if you ask me. Just give me a house phone & i am just fine.

2/05/2014 2:24 am  #7

I guess I'm just a slow learner, but what has Facebook got to offer that's so much more attractive than a topic specific site such as this?

They gave their tomorrows, for your today.

2/05/2014 6:35 am  #8

i'm with you, about 12 seconds  is all the face book i can take in a month,

"here's my new phone and new dog and my cat sleeping  and i'm gonna go to the store and by a bag  of potato chips should i get the big bag or the small bag?
later today i'll post some photos of me at the store "  geees get a life will ya !

as far as the current state of our hobby , seems to be good  and bad depends where your from
our fl tracks have a pretty good turn out week to week.  very few  come every week and some seem to
stay gone for months and then just show up out of nowhere...  and new guys show up, some stay with it some don't.    the weakness i see is a lack of new product in the model industry it hard to build new new cars, check your box ,   how many 1968 dodge darts or 1969 camaros do you have ???

the gasser deal is showing some hope and we;ve started a 1.60 index race that seems to be popular.

2/05/2014 7:46 am  #9

" just when i thought i was out, they pull me back in "     

your right marty i logged  on once now i've a fan club with 11 million friends !! with  142 million
cat photos.....

2/06/2014 7:50 pm  #10

I'm just checking in to see if I'm missing anything .

Gonzo

10/22/2014 1:54 pm  #11

It seems that there are about 6 of us left.

Gonzo

10/22/2014 5:46 pm  #12

Make that 7 I like to read what you guys write about. I'm new at this hobby

10/22/2014 7:16 pm  #13

We have our flashes of brilliance around here.  

Get involved.  Ask questions.  

There are NO stupid questions...

To the optimist, the glass is half-full.
To the pessimist, the glass is half-empty.
To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

10/22/2014 7:17 pm  #14

P R ,

Its a great hobby . I too am realitively new to the hobby experience wise . I race when I can but not regular . That's why i came to this bulletin board .

When I first came , there was postings everyday and new build information everyday as well . That's how I learned a lot and from the help of my fellow racers .

We have to thank DVan for this site and thank him for his passion for the hobby .

I don't do Face Book  so I'm here until DVan pulls the plug .

Oh , PR , welcome to the hobby.

Gonzo

10/22/2014 7:28 pm  #15

The slotcar season is kicking off about now.  Activity on this board ought to take off as well.

Here we go, boys!

To the optimist, the glass is half-full.
To the pessimist, the glass is half-empty.
To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

10/27/2014 5:35 am  #16

Facebook,Spacebook,Smaashebook. Just give a dedicated site where I don't have to Search for what I want. I to, am here for the duration.

10/27/2014 6:53 pm  #17

The interest in Slot drags is still there, but the interest in this site is dwindling, since it is more of a sit at your computer thing, while Facebook, where the action is, can be accessed from your phone, which everyone carries with them constantly (I carry 2, work & personal). Also it is way too hard to post pictures here!!!!!!!
Most of what is going on there is buying & selling, or bragging. Here, there is archivable info being shared, but by a shrinking number of people...

Formerly of SARN

1/07/2015 2:44 pm  #18

I'm glad to find the place. I hate F/B but that was the only places I could find until this one. I'd much rather have a forum than F/B.

12/09/2015 9:47 pm  #19

I just signed up after lurking for about a year. I've learn a lot from reading the site and from some of the great guys who've helped me out up at Buena Park. I don't use Facebook either and really enjoy the forum format. Thanks for all the info and hosting this cool site!

12/13/2015 3:09 pm  #20

Just checking in to see what's going on .

Gonzo

12/13/2015 5:03 pm  #21

My son and I spent a couple hours yesterday up at Buena Park. Always good times. The new funny car ran well I'm really happy with it.

Looking forward to building a new car over the Xmas break and getting up to BPIR more frequently.

I also found a couple slot car drag threads on yellowbullet.com that had some good stuff in them.

12/13/2015 7:02 pm  #22

Thx for the reply Leroy . I'm in Ohio so BPC would be reaching wayyyy out there . I am familiar to it however .
I have a couple of cars started but haven't had much time lately to work on them .

What is a good "online" parts vender for drag car slot cars ?

Gonzo 

12/13/2015 8:34 pm  #23

gonegonzo wrote:

Thx for the reply Leroy . I'm in Ohio so BPC would be reaching wayyyy out there . I am familiar to it however .
I have a couple of cars started but haven't had much time lately to work on them .

Gonzo 

I try to get most of my stuff local (with BMX, baseball and the slot cars), but pacific slot car raceway seems to have a pretty complete catalog as does slot car city in Vegas.

http://www.shoppscr.com/

http://www.slotcarcity.com/

12/14/2015 4:18 am  #24

Thx Leroy

Gonzo

12/14/2015 5:27 pm  #25

gonegonzo wrote:

Gonzo 

What part of Ohio?

Knowledge does not equal Understanding, and the Truth is the Truth, no matter what you think of it...........

Board footera