All Car Galleries
Slip Joint 101
Front Page
Links
Tracks
Contact Bracket500
Bracket500
Message Board

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/24/2013 10:19 pm  #1

Resister

Not sure I want to get into this, but I'd sure like to hear some opinions. I have a old Parma Turbo that I added a relay too for full power. I believe some call it a Blast Relay. The resister is a 4ohm rather than a 1ohm. I'm thinking this may  cushion the hit off the line. I'm not "rock solid" on the 4ohm for drag racing. I am open to any and all shared experience. The ET range of most of my cars run from low 10's to low 11's. I've recently purchased two Boss 490's and expect to break into nines soon. The track is 1/4 mile, 16.4v. 

I also used my old road course external resister (choice of 1, 2, 2.5ohms). Really couldn't visually observe much difference in launch of any of my cars over the 4ohm. I suppose 60ft times will tell something, and I intend to pursue this on my own, to find out for myself. But I'd kinda like to hear from other racers about their opinions.

Last edited by Juggler (10/24/2013 10:23 pm)

They gave their tomorrows, for your today.

10/25/2013 5:25 am  #2

Re: Resister

I have done a lot of tinkering with my Parma controllers ,since I can not afford to by new resistors for them when they burn outhttp://cdn.boardhost.com/emoticons/depressed.png
 as you have noticed at the track racers use everything from on -off buttons to 400 dollar electronic whiz bang super controllers. #1 a blast realay does make less resistance from the controller to the track #2 you will not see much diffrence between all the resistors you mentioned as once the blast realay kicks on they are all by passed #3 once you get into the 20 size motors you may run into a problem with a 4 ohm getting hot or burned out if for some reason you have the motor or chassis bind or try too slow roll out the car at the starting line.. In my opinion ( not worth much) a resistor controller just seems to work better than straight on/off and if it was used for just drag racing would go with 2 ohm just so if you wanted to roll out the glue at the starting line with your 16D to 12 cars you can.. when I get to Ortonville just remind me I have three diffrent Parma controller set ups you can ponder over , always have a back up controller even if it is a simple one! http://cdn.boardhost.com/emoticons/sleep.png

10/26/2013 8:02 pm  #3

Thanks Sleepy! I'll take you up on that next time we cross paths at Ortonville. I'm usually there on Friday nights.

Thanks!

They gave their tomorrows, for your today.

10/27/2013 6:27 pm  #4

my 2 cents for what it is worth, i have a 1 ohm parma wet wound and have ran most everything down the track. i have not experienced any heat per say because it is only working less than a second. the high dollar controllers seem to come into play in index racing more than just brackets, and or road/circle track for long extended use...

Board footera