All Car Galleries
Slip Joint 101
Front Page
Links
Tracks
Contact Bracket500
Bracket500
Message Board

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

7/28/2013 11:38 am  #1

defalco v stealth

Tried a friends defalco controlller and went .02 quicker than before same car /gearing /tires and same glue up 
I know its only a small improvement that could be open to slight difference in glue up that i did not notice but has any one experienced this with different controllers 
Royz

Just enjoying Life and Slots

10/07/2013 4:13 pm  #2

Re: defalco v stealth

My opinion .02 is a lot. But not if you are dialing in a car rather than trying to run as fast as you can. Sort of comparing apples to oranges... The Defalco is more for all out heads up racing. The Stealth is more for bracket racing. I don't KNOW that all the power has to go through the power setting switch but am sure there would be some power loss there. It may be that the Defalco has better contact points in the relay and other electrical path ways. Could be something as simple as the clips being soldered to the wire on one controller and the other not. But I still suspect something else such as the car hooking up better or not.

10/15/2013 10:02 pm  #3

Re: defalco v stealth

In all reality, a Stealth is a tuneable on/off switch.  The Difalco may soften the hit, seeing how it has a transistor block.  Something else for me to test with Marty. 

Thanks guys!

To the optimist, the glass is half-full.
To the pessimist, the glass is half-empty.
To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

Board footera