B500 Logo
Slot Car Bracket Drag Racing

Library Old Articles
Projects on Bracket500
Chat Room Mondays
Instructional Links
World Tribute Car
Spec Cars
All Car Galleries
Slip Joint 101
Front Page
Links
Tracks
Contact Bracket500
Bracket500
Message Board

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?



7/11/2013 6:05 pm  #1


Outlaw 10.5 Mustang

Building a Nitrous Outlaw 10.5 Mustang Notchback. Gonna put a big block 550 in it and run .300 wide tires. Should be fun.

http://i415.photobucket.com/albums/pp231/cgaswillys/Picture1557_zpsf0af48b4.jpg?t=1373594490


http://i415.photobucket.com/albums/pp231/cgaswillys/Picture1558_zps7c93af33.jpg?t=1373594490

 

7/11/2013 7:44 pm  #2


Re: Outlaw 10.5 Mustang

Thanks Marty. I'm also going to do a 65 Malibu same style and same power/tire combo.

     Thread Starter
 

7/12/2013 3:46 am  #3


Re: Outlaw 10.5 Mustang

Marty wrote:

Which kit is this one?

I bought that Malibu kit for the current Outlaw project but once I got the box opened and saw all the brick brack I decided it was too nice a kit for me to use for such a project. Door handles, wiper blades, chrome trim are all seperate. Oh yea, antena LOL. Pretty car though.

I'm using the Revell kit, yes it's quite nice.

     Thread Starter
 

7/15/2013 2:24 pm  #4


Re: Outlaw 10.5 Mustang

i just did a camaro with 300 and its going .955 with a big block and a lexan wing on the back

 

7/15/2013 2:30 pm  #5


Re: Outlaw 10.5 Mustang

redlight robbie wrote:

i just did a camaro with 300 and its going .955 with a big block and a lexan wing on the back

Sweet, I hope I can get mine that fast. I just made a wing out of styrene but it doesn't stick up much. I guess I could always put a lexan one on there with more angle.

     Thread Starter
 

7/15/2013 5:36 pm  #6


Re: Outlaw 10.5 Mustang

i think i might get some ball bearings and advance the timing and see what it will do
 

 

7/19/2013 10:38 am  #7


Re: Outlaw 10.5 Mustang

Got it painted today. Detailing and decals next.

http://i415.photobucket.com/albums/pp231/cgaswillys/Slot%20Cars/Picture1615_zps8b7bdb27.jpg?t=1374258975


http://i415.photobucket.com/albums/pp231/cgaswillys/Slot%20Cars/Picture1614_zpse95e9899.jpg?t=1374258975

     Thread Starter
 

7/26/2013 2:57 pm  #8


Re: Outlaw 10.5 Mustang

A little more progress.

http://i415.photobucket.com/albums/pp231/cgaswillys/Slot%20Cars/Picture1674_zps586bc823.jpg?t=1374879104


http://i415.photobucket.com/albums/pp231/cgaswillys/Slot%20Cars/Picture1675_zps1bc3571f.jpg?t=1374879104


http://i415.photobucket.com/albums/pp231/cgaswillys/Slot%20Cars/Picture1676_zps9f88e3bb.jpg?t=1374879104

     Thread Starter
 

7/27/2013 9:21 am  #9


Re: Outlaw 10.5 Mustang

nice job looks really good


I don't Fail, I just succeed in finding out what doesn't work!!
 

9/15/2013 5:31 pm  #10


Re: Outlaw 10.5 Mustang

Another one finished. Runs good so far.

http://i415.photobucket.com/albums/pp231/cgaswillys/Slot%20Cars/Picture1786_zps857b48fd.jpg


http://i415.photobucket.com/albums/pp231/cgaswillys/Slot%20Cars/Picture1792_zpsbd852dc3.jpg


http://i415.photobucket.com/albums/pp231/cgaswillys/Slot%20Cars/Picture1791_zps24f5188f.jpg


http://i415.photobucket.com/albums/pp231/cgaswillys/Slot%20Cars/Picture1796_zps1b18325f.jpg

 

     Thread Starter
 

1/05/2014 8:31 pm  #11


Re: Outlaw 10.5 Mustang

For sale yet?

 

1/06/2014 4:05 am  #12


Re: Outlaw 10.5 Mustang

no sir, not yet.

     Thread Starter
 

1/24/2014 10:14 am  #13


Re: Outlaw 10.5 Mustang

How do you call it 10.05 if your not running .435 tires,,or 10.05 is the times your running?
 

 

1/24/2014 12:23 pm  #14


Re: Outlaw 10.5 Mustang

Fast ET wrote:

How do you call it 10.05 if your not running .435 tires,,or 10.05 is the times your running?
 

We don't call it anything anymore. Didn't go over too well.

     Thread Starter
 

1/24/2014 2:29 pm  #15


Re: Outlaw 10.5 Mustang

I see, my 10.05 outlaw would run in the 8's quad mags mm20 arm ,bearings, .435 tires ,lol ran them once redlighted  on  one and spun the pinion on the other...seems like tracks only run class cars at major meets, and then some tracks change the rules to suit there agenda also
 

 

1/31/2014 3:55 pm  #16


Re: Outlaw 10.5 Mustang

That's nice build cgaswillys. What do use to make chute mount and the chute rope. I like all your build. I'm building my first car soon.Hope my car comes out as nice. I will post build when I start building it. Thanks for help.

 

1/31/2014 4:55 pm  #17


Re: Outlaw 10.5 Mustang

1badcat wrote:

That's nice build cgaswillys. What do use to make chute mount and the chute rope. I like all your build. I'm building my first car soon.Hope my car comes out as nice. I will post build when I start building it. Thanks for help.

Chute rope is shunt wire, mount made out of tubing and piano wire scraps.

     Thread Starter
 

1/31/2014 6:24 pm  #18


Re: Outlaw 10.5 Mustang

cgaswillys wrote:

1badcat wrote:

That's nice build cgaswillys. What do use to make chute mount and the chute rope. I like all your build. I'm building my first car soon.Hope my car comes out as nice. I will post build when I start building it. Thanks for help.

Chute rope is shunt wire, mount made out of tubing and piano wire scraps.

 
Thanks man for all your help. I notice on all your build I don't see any rear body pins. How do u mount the rear part of body?also what chassis u like to use. Thanks again.

 

2/01/2014 4:06 am  #19


Re: Outlaw 10.5 Mustang

1badcat wrote:

cgaswillys wrote:

1badcat wrote:

That's nice build cgaswillys. What do use to make chute mount and the chute rope. I like all your build. I'm building my first car soon.Hope my car comes out as nice. I will post build when I start building it. Thanks for help.

Chute rope is shunt wire, mount made out of tubing and piano wire scraps.

 
Thanks man for all your help. I notice on all your build I don't see any rear body pins. How do u mount the rear part of body?also what chassis u like to use. Thanks again.

I use a hot glue gun to glue in a piece of .070 tubing for the rear body mount.. I like to use either a JDS Annihilator or WRP Pro Narrow chassis.
 

     Thread Starter
 

2/01/2014 1:11 pm  #20


Re: Outlaw 10.5 Mustang

cgaswillys wrote:

1badcat wrote:

cgaswillys wrote:


Chute rope is shunt wire, mount made out of tubing and piano wire scraps.

 
Thanks man for all your help. I notice on all your build I don't see any rear body pins. How do u mount the rear part of body?also what chassis u like to use. Thanks again.

I use a hot glue gun to glue in a piece of .070 tubing for the rear body mount.. I like to use either a JDS Annihilator or WRP Pro Narrow chassis.
 

 
Thanks again man you are very helpful. Like I said I'm new to drag slot car building. I post something about oilites and bearing on the chassis section but no answer yet. Maybe you can help me again. Do you use the oilites bushing or a bearing for the rear axles. Also what brand you like. Thanks.

 

3/08/2014 4:18 am  #21


Re: Outlaw 10.5 Mustang

I use JK oilites on slower bracket cars and bearings on the faster stuff.

     Thread Starter
 

Board footera

 

Powered by Boardhost. Create a Free Forum






B500 Logo
Return to Main

WRP Products

Return to Main
Click on banners to see catalogs
 
Copyrights reserved ©2014