All Car Galleries
Slip Joint 101
Front Page
Links
Tracks
Contact Bracket500
Bracket500
Message Board

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

6/19/2013 10:15 pm  #1

Newbie Questions.

Do I want the slot car body to be able to move around during the run? If so why?

I have several INT 15 motors, should I gear them for pulling thru the glue muck at the line, or gear them more
for the big end of the track? Are these motors similar to the "big blocks" I'm hearing about?

Thanks!

They gave their tomorrows, for your today.

6/20/2013 6:33 am  #2

Re: Newbie Questions.

A great reply Marty
There are so many variables in chassis construction that when it comes to mounting your body it can be equally as variable in how you do it .
a couple of things i found helpfull
make sure your chassis is square front to back and side to side 
I use a steel rule on the chassis rails to check the body is low as possible and level
like Marty mentioned with a floater it needs to be free of constriction
also if your building a fast Lexan car you need some extra care when gluing it 
i have also found that having the front mount made into two stub tubes helps out you can just solder thre front tube in place then when your happy with the fit cut the piece that joins the chassis rails together out .
good luck
Royz

Just enjoying Life and Slots

6/20/2013 2:56 pm  #3

Yeah! What they said!

Int. 15 motors are more torque than top end, the big block is all top end and no torque.  Lexan gear for a int 15 14/52 starting point, Hardbody gear 13/52 starting point.

Timmy

"It ain't about Class, It's about FASSST!!!

6/20/2013 8:04 pm  #4

Timmy! wrote:

Yeah! What they said!

Int. 15 motors are more torque than top end, the big block is all top end and no torque.  Lexan gear for a int 15 14/52 starting point, Hardbody gear 13/52 starting point.

Timmy

A Big Thank you Timmy! I have about a dozen good INT 15's from back in the day. I'm thinking they should make good brkt motors. Have a very few old Mura Gp12's too, and 3-4 complete Gp27's plus a fistful of assorted armatures returned from Koford. These motors and arms are all from the early '90's. Life forced me to quit racing winged cars, so I locked up the box, and walked away. Found out about hardbody dragracing, now I can't sleep at night! http://cdn.boardhost.com/emoticons/grin.png

They gave their tomorrows, for your today.

Board footera