All Car Galleries
Slip Joint 101
Front Page
Links
Tracks
Contact Bracket500
Bracket500
Message Board

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/10/2012 2:00 pm  #1

No Bar car complete except interior

More testing tomorrow night, no chassis pics since nobody else is posting any I will follow suit.
Keith

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d142/RoadRnnr69/Slot%20Cars/NoBar1.jpg

"You don't race cars, you race the rule book"
Smokey Yunick

4/10/2012 3:30 pm  #2

Re: No Bar car complete except interior

All you have to do is ask. David has shared with me. I would share with you. Its no big deal.

"Pull you pants up, and let race"

4/10/2012 3:55 pm  #3

Only problem guys I'm old and have never figured out how to post pictures , also being old I live by "if it is to good to be true ,it is a scam" so when a photobucket or something says it is free I think there is a catch and don't touch it...I know weird..only time I have posted anything on here I have had to sent them to DVan via e-mail then start a topic and he posted them for me,a real pain for DVan if you think about it ,so I stopped doing it that way..once your over 60 THEIR ALL AFTER YOU ..Sharp car, Roadruuner69 I like Pontiac ,had a 67 GTO a lot of fun back in the 69-70 ,then got married wife could not push the clutch an figure out the Hurts straight line shifter..hope the test go well, what are you using for power under that beast ,my test with Big Block 20-68 Charger- just did not work like I hoped  so it get's to be a S16D street car. will be building a car for Ortanville class and down river Street All Out

4/10/2012 4:02 pm  #4

I figured everybody was being stealthy about it
I have an S16D for power. I have a hard enough time keeping my big blocks and Neo's on the track with bars!!!
I have used photobucket for years and have had no ill effects. There were some others that were no good like tinypic or something like that years back.
This Friday should be our first "official" race at Ortonville with the No Bar cars. I hope the other cars are ready!!!!

"You don't race cars, you race the rule book"
Smokey Yunick

4/10/2012 4:20 pm  #5

Good luck on Friday, I hope the turn out is good ,and others take intrest .....I won't have a car ready by then ,but will get there for a race soon...

4/10/2012 5:35 pm  #6

No secrets from me, here are my no bars cars.

http://bracket500.com/mb/nb4a.jpg

http://bracket500.com/mb/nb4b.jpg

Henry J runs 14s - 50 Ford runs hi 12s low 13s

http://bracket500.com/mb/nb4c.jpg

Vega F/C resin runs 12s - 65 Galaxie is going on an FCR chassis.
I'm looking into getting one of these cars into the 10s.

David, it's no trouble if you send me pics, it might take me a couple of days before I post them though......

DVan

"Where legends are made and records are broken".

1/20/2013 10:21 am  #7

DavidR, you have a PM

Knowledge does not equal Understanding, and the Truth is the Truth, no matter what you think of it...........

1/22/2013 6:11 pm  #8

Hey where is Down River? Im in Stocktucky...been to tss, now theyer in Monroe, and there is one on ford and wayne rd. also what is the classes yu mentioned? or what ones do they have a race program for? thanks ET

3/14/2014 3:01 pm  #9

DVan wrote:

No secrets from me, here are my no bars cars.

Henry J runs 14s - 50 Ford runs hi 12s low 13s

Vega F/C resin runs 12s - 65 Galaxie is going on an FCR chassis.
I'm looking into getting one of these cars into the 10s.

David, it's no trouble if you send me pics, it might take me a couple of days before I post them though......

DVan

Who makes that Plymough Arrow body .. top row second from left?

"Can't thank my sponsor's enough...... because I don't have any".

3/14/2014 3:05 pm  #10

Bob that's a Vega F/C resin

DVan

3/15/2014 10:06 am  #11

Bob I stand corrected. You're right that's a Plymouth Arrow, the resin mold was from the Plymouth Arrow Truck Pulling Series, Tennesse Thunder car.

http://bracket500.com/mb/plar.jpg

Both of these bodies are for sale in case you're interested, PM me for information.

DVan

5/13/2014 9:55 pm  #12

I have a promo Z28, Can't remember if it's a '83 or a '84. It's run a best of 10.61. followed imediatly with a 10.65, then a 10.67. I don't remember the MPH, low 60's to mid 60's I belive.

It has 3oz of weight in the nose, An old (20yo) Grp 27 Koford. 38t spur gear, can't remember the pinion right now. 1 1/6 DIA x 300 WIDE Pro-Track.

They gave their tomorrows, for your today.

Board footera