B500 Logo
Slot Car Bracket Drag Racing

Library Old Articles
Projects on Bracket500
Chat Room Mondays
Instructional Links
World Tribute Car
Spec Cars
All Car Galleries
Slip Joint 101
Front Page
Contact Bracket500
Message Board

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12/13/2011 9:18 am  #1

Response to the poll posts and do we respect our fellow racers enough

I think everyone understood the point I was making in the poll post with my blah blah blah I have done this post, These are good responses!

We all have done enough to know what most of it is all about.

I get tired of all the hammering on the other board about people over here not being knowledgeable or having any worhtwhile input.

Truth is we can't all live within driving distance of a class track and we have to go with the best facility availability.  Sometimes that means the people running them also. 

Billy I would have loved to have made that much back in the day, thats awesome.  That is better than I ever did in earnings. 

Lumpy I wish there had been those kind of orginizations around when I was racing, I still might not could have been competitive though.

The main point is we all can contribute, there are no true "know it all" experts, but there are good racers in many ways out there and we can learn from them.

Like you guys said there is always someone better and looking for that person is how we get better.

Maybe that guy paints his car flat black and has rust on a frame rail, but if it runs within .010 for 20 passes, it is a pretty tough bracket car and until someone does better, then those someones need to keep their insults to themselves.  Rex this is not aimed at you, but I do know some racers that operate that way.  Pretty is not always the best.

We play nice over here and keep a civil tongue most of the time.  You can learn more from exchanging ideas than TrashTalk and insults in the forums. 

If the subject being talked about does not benefit you, don't read it, but don't rip it up either because someone else may get great stuff out of it.  I see stuff on here all the time that does not interest me and I don't read it.  Maybe I should though?

Dvan I appreciate this board, I don't always like the way things go on it, but 95% of the time it is Great!  The other 5% is my problem.

Thanks for the responses,

Last edited by Timmy! (Today 11:15 am)

"It ain't about Class, It's about FASSST!!!

Last edited by Timmy! (12/13/2011 1:35 pm)

"It ain't about Class, It's about FASSST!!!

12/13/2011 5:34 pm  #2

Re: Response to the poll posts and do we respect our fellow racers enough

Respect, interesting choice of words ..this is why I made the comment on the .400 board..bring out the soap box..All the tracks I have been too the last 3 years ,have a problem and it seems to go totally ignored by the track owners ; the languge used by the older racers in general is something more like to be used in a bar ,strip joint, pool hall , or the back pits at cheap drag strip. NO respect shown for a busines that needs families and youngsters , I have actually watched customers grab there kids and walk out ...I feel it is a total lack of respect for the track owner who is trying to expand and grow to only have new blood driven out by the actions of a few regulars who will cry the loudest when the owner has to close the doors from lack of busines.one can trash talk with out using the F bomb every other word or a sexual comment every time a girl walks by.just look and see who is around before using offensive languge and if the growd is a bunch of old perverts, fine, if the owner says nothing..it is his call..off the soap box ,I'm an old guy and I'll admit sometimes I will get carried away with the talk but I try to police myself    IT IS ABOUT CLASS


Board footera


Powered by Boardhost. Create a Free Forum

B500 Logo
Return to Main

WRP Products

Return to Main
Click on banners to see catalogs
Copyrights reserved ©2014