All Car Galleries
Slip Joint 101
Front Page
Links
Tracks
Contact Bracket500
Bracket500
Message Board

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/11/2011 11:30 pm  #1

An interesting neo time

I purchased a Neo 27 from a strange ole Texan guy a few months back and of course he told me it was the best thing since sliced bread
well i tried it in a Lexan funny and it never really went like sliced bread or even a Hot Bagel
so tonight after seeing it not hook up in a 65 Gram lexan I swapped it into a Regular Bracket Hardbody well not quite regular it was my Christine #2 car I have used as a test bed for a couple of other motors its a Hard body 126 Gram 15/56 gear  C10 chassis  1 1/16 Protrack car well to say it ran well is slightly not enough
it Ran
60'---.097
ET ---.7639
MPH ---73.31
Not sure why i missed the 660'
but it for sure dead hooked and spun really bad on the top end bad enough that it may have fried the arm as it was smelling somewhat hot
i did not run it again to see if it would back up the run but from just the way it launched I am fairly sure it was not a fliuke
Timmy oh yes that was the Texan guy lol had said it was promising to be a torque monster I think it proved to be just that
so we are going to pull the arm and check it out .
what I am now interested in is how fast is the quickest Hardbody out there
I dont have video or pix as this was a build and t+t night but as soon as i run this combo again its going to be on video
Royz
Thanks Timmy that was quite the deal

Just enjoying Life and Slots

8/12/2011 1:05 pm  #2

Re: An interesting neo time

I think it was for sure the motor getting the power and just lucky that the chassis and setup was good enough to do the time it did if it had run .850 I would have been pleased
for it to have run that time i am astounded,  the test will be to see what it runs next time out when Tim has checked the arm.
Royz

Just enjoying Life and Slots

8/12/2011 4:10 pm  #3

I was sad about the arm maybe going south, but I was excited about the .763 @ 73+ and .097 60' time.  I knew the motor was stout, that number surprised me though!
I would like to point out that htis is a $10 WRP frame too.

Nice Job Novaz!!!

Timmy

"It ain't about Class, It's about FASSST!!!

8/12/2011 6:24 pm  #4

Nice!!!!  Welcome to Neo hardbody racing!!! 

Those cheap $10 chassis have worked pretty good for me.  That stout of a gear and that et, yeah, I'd say that motor makes some power.....   

Hope the arm isn't hurt too bad.  Plug that puppy into the funny car again and give it a try.... If you're spinning at 126 grams, then you would NEVER hook a light car in that glue (of course, I'm assuming you ran the f/c and the hardbody the same night with the same glue)....  Just from what I have seen with my cars.....

Board footera