All Car Galleries
Slip Joint 101
Front Page
Links
Tracks
Contact Bracket500
Bracket500
Message Board

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

7/03/2011 5:17 pm  #1

How many of you racers race.......?

How many of you racers race once a week, do you use the same car?
If so post your information. We're trying to get an idea of how a car performs each week. How long is your set up good until you need to make changes. How long can a motor run with out being rebuilt.
It would be good to see a ten weeks records on one car

DVan

"Where legends are made and records are broken".

7/03/2011 6:24 pm  #2

Re: How many of you racers race.......?

Looks like it's just me and you DVan.

7/03/2011 6:55 pm  #3

I know Al. I'm trying to drum up business in this forum.... 

DVan

7/03/2011 7:33 pm  #4

Marty that would be great, maybe others now will follow..

DVan

7/03/2011 7:38 pm  #5

It being summer is really hurting the slot car tracks. We only had 14 on Friday night. In the winter we run on Friday and Sunday. We don't run on Sunday in the summer. The track about an hour away is still running 4 days a week but, car count is way down.

7/03/2011 8:08 pm  #6

Al we're down to 4 racers where I race. So I know what you mean, it won't get any better too soon...   

DVan

7/04/2011 5:47 am  #7

I have 15 cars that I run in 5 car rotations , but have records and slips on most of these for over two years, could I do a summary on the oldest set-up showing mantence done body changes times before and after....Down River must be doing something right , have rode down there with Ken W for Sunday racing(since Waterford Closed) and have yet to have under 60 entries , last two including the 4th of July weekend over 90 cars and a 10 car entry limit in place I probaly just put the curse on the place but it has been good racing ,even though old Sleepy Dave gets a driving lesson handed to him every trip down there ..... It is rare that I will run the same car 2 weeks in a row Maybe it is time to pick the best of the 15 and run them regular ,might finish closer to the top..

Last edited by davidRevans (7/04/2011 5:52 am)

7/04/2011 6:02 am  #8

All I'm asking for is a "one car" (same car) per week, no secrets , just times. If you don't race one car each week, don't worry about this forum. We're trying to show the newcommer that it's possible to run one car and still make it in the winner circle if the car is consistant. The speed will show as well, that fast is not better.
If you still want to participate then pick one of your cars and keep records and enter them in this forum.

DVan

7/04/2011 8:18 am  #9

Got it , now how do you find that winners circle?

7/04/2011 10:24 am  #10

David lot's of luck and plenty of B.S. that's how I did it....

DVan

3/15/2013 9:11 pm  #11

At Fastracks Raceway in Avon, In we race on a 1000 ft Friday and SUnday.  Friday we will have 50 to 70 cars. SUnday will have 40 -50 cars. It's just bracket racing.
I have a fleet of slip joints that all have won. 3 Carbon fiber cars. Made by same company that designed and build the real DRS tf enclosed windshields. Total of 18 cars and expanding.
I restarted drag racing 4 months ago with 2 cars. Since then I have also won near $400 so far.
I will find a car and post pictures and race info soon. Thanks for all of this info on this site.

Board footera