All Car Galleries
Slip Joint 101
Front Page
Links
Tracks
Contact Bracket500
Bracket500
Message Board

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

7/15/2011 11:58 am  #26

Re: If you have comments about these records, please add them here.

Robert, that just shows we really do listen to you guys.

7/15/2011 1:03 pm  #27

TIMMY! wrote:

I would like to thank Allen, Dvan, Gary and Roy for helping with my R&D projects.  I have some new ones on the drawing board. 

What am I saying?  They have all outrun me with the stuff I built for them, THAT JUST AIN'T RIGHT! LOL

Stay Tuned,
Timmy

Timmy
My help was probably limited but I enjoy working with you and the special project is just waiting for when things cool down and we both have time
Thank you for all your help
Royz

Just enjoying Life and Slots

7/16/2011 10:57 pm  #28

Pretty Frickin Awesome Marty!!!
Great Outing!

Congrats,
Timmy

"It ain't about Class, It's about FASSST!!!

7/16/2011 11:24 pm  #29

That's awesome Marty!  Man, you've worked hard at this one, you deserve it!  You got some good people in your corner!  I can hardly wait to see what comes next! 

7/17/2011 9:28 am  #30

Good job Uncle Dave!  We are working on our power, trying to get more amps to the track.  New power supplies, caps and wiring are coming.  When we get the power squared away, I'll get back on playing with the Neo car.

7/23/2011 10:19 am  #31

New Track record at Smokey Creek. Times are on my post on the results page. Didn't get MPH, still not working. I would like to thank Timmy for all the help on my program. He's been great helping me through this transition of going fast.

7/23/2011 11:49 am  #32

BigAl I don't see the results.....
Where is Smokey Creek?

DVan

"Where legends are made and records are broken".

7/23/2011 2:03 pm  #33

DVan, They are at the bottom of my original post. I just updated it. Smokey Creek is in North Carolina.

7/25/2011 10:09 am  #34

Had an .850 and quicker race at Slot Shots in Stanley NC yesterday. Had 36 cars. It was a fun race. I lowered my personal best on the 1/4 mile track. Results are in my original post of the results page.

9/12/2011 11:05 am  #35

Welcome to the hunt jlanz01!  Nice run

Timmy

9/19/2011 12:47 pm  #36

I got to test at OKC this weekend with an open motor. First thanks to Bill W at Top Slots Raceway for providing an Excellent Raceway in Oklahoma City.  I have been hanging back and building 12's, 20's and 27's and have had very good results at OKC. 

I figured it was time to start with the open motor testing.  I chose Steve B.'s 74 open arm to start, this motor is set up to be a mild combo with a .015 -.020 perside gap.  this motor had been sold to a customer, but did not work out for him.  I had been waiting 3 months to try it out and see if I had failed on the build.  Big Al's motor was almost a twin to this one and his was a success also.

Neos are not everyones cup of tea and require tougher glueins than your average Cobalt mag motors.

I know how Marty feels now, Chasing the ET and mph on neo's sometimes comes in different steps.

I started out Sunday with a set of 1.030 x .435 JDS tires on my car (I have been very happy with my JDS tires) and a 14/50 gear, The gear was too tall for the motor though, I planned to change it to a 52 or 54, unfortunately I ran out of time.  I thought TSR was open until 6 on Sundays, but they close at 4 pm on Sundays.  The first good pass went .611 @ 93.18 mph.  Two other runs produced slightly slower ET's, but the same MPH 93.18.

Time to go to the Dave D tires and see shats happening.  I mounted the set of .470 x 1.030 DD tires.  first pass I eased in to the throttle and was EXTREMELY please to see a. 615 @ 109.2,  WOW I could not believe tires made a 16 mph difference in my runs. 
http://i856.photobucket.com/albums/ab123/64THANDFINE/craigslist/opentest004.jpg

I felt better about the glue on the next run and did not ease in so much.  It yielded a .571 ET @ 114.6 MPH.  The back up was .574 @ 99+ MPH.  The gear came loose at the top end

http://i856.photobucket.com/albums/ab123/64THANDFINE/craigslist/opentest008.jpg

http://i856.photobucket.com/albums/ab123/64THANDFINE/craigslist/opentest010.jpg

All in all a Great day at TSR, Thanks Bill,
Timmy

Last edited by Timmy! (9/19/2011 12:59 pm)

9/19/2011 1:09 pm  #37

Wow Timmy
great job thats some nice MPH  now ya gonna be looking to go .4s all that sunbathing must have has an effect LOL
Royz

Just enjoying Life and Slots

10/23/2011 1:08 pm  #38

Nice Job Dave P.!!!
Way to GO!!! to the 2 Bobs!!!

Timmy!

10/23/2011 2:20 pm  #39

Great work ,all you Neo mad men, has anybody run these land bullets side by side? I am waiting to see how the air turbulance, and power draw effects the light ,current drawing monsters,when they go side by side , could be one that penatraites the wall furthest wins or stays in the slot to the finish line single times are Fantastic ,but it will be racing times that will tell the tale.

Board footera