All Car Galleries
Slip Joint 101
Front Page
Links
Tracks
Contact Bracket500
Bracket500
Message Board

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/05/2011 3:32 pm  #1

waterford dragway in mich.

A phone number, please.... and got pics of it?

DVan

Last edited by DVan (2/05/2011 3:36 pm)

"Where legends are made and records are broken".

6/02/2011 12:00 pm  #2

Re: waterford dragway in mich.

Ken W. wrote:

As I understand it track is now closed! 6/2/2011

Sad.  was a nice place.  Stopped in once to have a look, never got to race there.  Ken.  Slot Car Mania isnt too much farther down the street, wed and friday has good turnout still.

New doesn't always mean good.

6/03/2011 8:45 am  #3

Bill Baughn wrote:

Nothing about it on their facebook page, but then again it's been a while since anyone posted anything there.  It looked like a stand alone drag track.  Nice idea and everything looked good in their photos but with another track just down the street, it just may have been too much competition...bummer...

Slot car mania isn't "just down teh street"  It's a hike of sorts, but in retrospect from where Ken comes from it's not that much farther, maybe 25 miles.  It was a very nice place, just too narrow to really add another track for road/oval purposes.  Looked like a great surface, lots of shut down, and nice pit area.    Lady working the day i was there seemed very nice as well.

6/07/2011 8:05 pm  #4

bad466 wrote:

Ken W. wrote:

Down fall was like a lot of other places... A little this, a little of that. Owner couldn't turn down a high paying  full time job... Etc...
Holly track is closed. Trying to open later in a different building...
Have heard that the Westland track voltage varies up to 19+ volts! I'll drive to Lincoln Park where things are smooth and hot enough at
16. whatever volts! 72 miles for me one way to Joe's. Always get treated as a friend and fellow racer, there...

Somebody is lying to you about Westland, if anything your cars will run faster at other tracks which tells me there not quite 16 volts.

Very true...NONE of my cars run as fast at Joe's.  All my cars are faster at Westland, and so are my other two buddies cars.  Joe's track seems to lack a bit in the first half.  Pauls track has power all the way down, and won't vary with anything fast or slow in the other lane. 

Hell i think my faster car ran it's fastest the night bad466 and i were running side by side, and he was running a fast ass car. 

Now i don't mine Joe and he has a decent place.  I just like Paul and westland alot better.  It's 8 or 10 more miles for me to go to westland, and i'll make the drive everytime.

Board footera