All Car Galleries
Slip Joint 101
Front Page
Links
Tracks
Contact Bracket500
Bracket500
Message Board

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/24/2010 3:08 pm  #1

Tanks

Finally READY TO RUMBLE, M4A1 Sherman Tank, Wrp inline chassis ,ProTrack wheels rear ,wing car fronts,old Parma 16d,  sonic gears  8Pinoin -56 grown .Brass Plate along the bottom and 21Grams of lead...If you can't beat'em at the tree CRUSH them or blast them before they cross the line!

http://bracket500.com/mb/daveetk1.jpg

http://bracket500.com/mb/daveetk2.jpg

11/25/2010 11:38 am  #2

Re: Tanks

pretty cool, it would be sweet if you could rotate the turret toward your opponent, and i would clean the track all the way to the 1/8 if you're running a 1/4 everytime, glue down track kills slow cars...

11/25/2010 6:02 pm  #3

david thats really neat!  maybe a whellstanding one like in the '70s & '80s?

Mark

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic

11/26/2010 6:34 am  #4

It's not designed as a wheelstand ,but if it does not work this way ,Headers ,flames, flowers in the gun barrel may be the next step!  and the turret does rotate, I leave it straight for aerodynamics!!

11/28/2010 10:17 am  #5

beat me to it on my list of things to build!

12/14/2010 12:16 pm  #6

Well the Tank had to be reworked as it would do somersaults when hit the glue shutdown, total redesign, motor behind the axle ,chassis a combination WRP and EDGE and lower to the track,and longer guide to rear axle length ,body has the Dremal tool taken to it and is lightened. hope this lets it stop upright! should speed it up to 1.9-2 secound range! 

UPDATE, The re-desinged Sherman worked! no more gymnastics, is a full 60Grams lighter and runs of 19.59-19.55-19.57. to the threats of "I'm going home if he is allowed to run it" so it wasn't raced...

Last edited by davidRevans (12/18/2010 8:31 am)

2/10/2011 3:47 pm  #7

I have only raced it once and due to complaints of to slow(1.9 -2.0) and not 1/24 ,it is 3 inches wide an 7 inches long ,If scale is an issue then why not ban 1/25 scale? or 1/32 scale(which the Tank is) it has 4 wheels front ones roll, as does the track...I'm to old to argue the point, so just do an exhabition run or two ,the real younger kids get a kick out of it

2/12/2011 8:59 am  #8

Pacific slotcar raceways
allows all sorts and its cool to see the variety of cars all shapes and sizes
i like those lil womp cars even if they do beat me 
if the sport/Hobby is struggling for entries its worth allowing all
then run specific classes as an extra event I am working on a show/exhibition car which will probably struggle to get in the 2.0s
but i hope the young uns will like it and tell their mates who may come along to see what its all about
Royz

Just enjoying Life and Slots

10/10/2011 5:38 am  #9

Hey Bill , Thanks for the memorie, it was a laugh ,hope to get feeling better and see you guys soon,Sleepy Dave

Board footera